Parking and Traffic
Our School has grown over the years we have been on Mount Soledad, and so has our awareness of our impact on the neighborhood schools and residences. SDFAS strives to be an excellent member of the La Jolla community, by minimizing traffic congestion and respecting the privacy of our neighbors. We encourage our families and friends to join us in being good neighborhood citizens.
- Please respect the private property of the neighboring complex, Windmere, and do not make U-turns through their complex.
- Carpooling is encouraged. SDFAS staff can assist with arranging a carpool for students.
- SDFAS has a transportation program. Contact the Office for schedules and fees.
- Preschool begins and ends 15 minutes later than grades K-8, to reduce the traffic congestion on our site.
Parking at SDFAS is available for families and visitors.
- The front parking lot has a limited number of spaces available for short-term parking while visiting the school.
- Parking in the preschool lot is by permit only, and the decal must be displayed in the front window of the vehicle.
- The side lot is available for staff and overflow parking.
- Please do not park in reserved or handicap spaces without appropriate decals.
- Speed limit at SDFAS is 5 mph.
- Observe posted speed limits on residential streets as there are many schools in the neighborhood.
Drop off and pick up:
- Security staff assist with the flow of traffic in the morning and afternoon. Follow their instructions to ensure traffic safety on our campus.
- Children should be ready to be dropped off as quickly as possible to prevent traffic backups.