San Diego French-American School provides a rigorous dual-language immersion curriculum and unique multicultural experience that forge open-minded citizens.
SDFAS is San Diego’s only dual-immersion independent school accredited by two prestigious accrediting teams: WASC and the French Ministry of National Education. It’s also a member of AEFE, MLF, AFSA, NAIS and CAIS.
SDFAS families are committed to a quality education offered in a culturally diverse and multi-lingual environment that opens minds and a world of possibilities.
SDFAS – The Pre-elementary School – “La Maternelle”
- The maternelle follows a structured academic program that is recognized worldwide and provides a strong foundation for young children to become high achievers and independent learners.
- The French faculty members have the equivalent of a master’s degree and hold the same diploma as those who teach in elementary school.
- Small class size that allows children to progress at their own pace.
SDFAS – The Elementary School – “L’École Primaire”
- SDFAS offers a two-way immersion program with about half native-French speakers and about half native-English speakers which is an advantage in learning the other language.
- SDFAS offers a uniquely harmonized French-American curriculum that provides students with a strong academic foundation in math and science, languages, and the humanities.
- The Learning Center allows the faculty to provide a program tailored to the student’s short-term or long-term academic goals, providing challenges or support for those who need it.
- Small class size allows the teacher to provide individualized support.
SDFAS – The Middle School – “Le Collège”
- Prepares students to enter an American high school, a French lycée, or an international high school in a rigorous dual-immersion program.
- SDFAS students will have satisfied their foreign language requirement for high school.
- The SDFAS program allows the students to be more advanced in high school math, history, and language courses.