“En mai, fais ce qu’il te plaît.”
We are so glad to reconnect with you via the Echo Info!
“Staying Connected” – Head of School Video Message #6
Click here for Week #6 Distance Learning Survey, now open through Monday, May 4 midnight.
Virtual Gala – Save the Date!
- May 15th, 16th, and 17th, 2020
- The Roaring Twenties, Les Années Folles, is going virtual. This year’s Gala will benefit the Fund for the Future, to further enhance professional development and financial aid to families in need. Get ready!
Head of School, Happy “Zoom Half” Hour
Parents are invited to join Mark for Happy Hour. Enjoy the beverage of your choice and connect with each other and with Mark.
- Monday, May 4th
- PK0 – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 8th Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 5th
- PK1 – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 7th Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
- Thursday, May 7th
- PK2 – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 6th Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
- Friday, May 8th
- Kindergarten – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 5th Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
- Monday, May 11th
- 1st Grade – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 4th Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 12th
- 2nd Grade – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
- 3rd Grade – 6 pm to 6:30 pm
Modifications to the School Calendar
- In the event distance learning continues into June, please be reminded that over the course of the remaining seven weeks, there will be a four-day week every two weeks, with catch-up days for teachers and students on:
- Monday, May 11th – No School
- Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day) – No School
- Friday, June 5th – No School
Yearbook 2019 – 2020
- Deadline Change! Order by May 31st
- Yearbooks are still being produced and published with a modified delivery schedule (TBD)
- Order Online Here
- SDFAS Yearbook code: 12766720
- Send photos of remote learning that may be included in this year’s Yearbook activities, classes, etc… Be creative!
- The Yearbook club invites families to purchase business advertising or “Love lines” (personal photos and messages for students) to be included in the Yearbook. Our prices are: Full page – $250, 1/2 page – $180, 1/4 page – $100.
- All photo and ad submissions to be sent to the Yearbook Club through the Advisor, Andrew Ericson, firstname.lastname@example.org
SDFAS “Food Drive” in partnership with Feeding San Diego
Mask Sewing Donations
- Through May 31st
- Home-sewn masks need to be dropped off in sealed ziplock bags and placed in the same large cardboard box as for the food drive placed outside of the school’s front office door.
- Please click here for Mask Sewing instructions.
- We are looking for ways to support our families and will facilitate a webinar with Jeanne-Marie Paynel, M.Ed. Parenting Mentor and Home Consultant.
- Complete the survey on: What topics would help you right now?
Sarah Le Boyer, email@example.com.
SDFAS Parent Connect forum
As parents, we most certainly need to connect with each other during this period of social distancing! Let’s share what is working for us and our families and how we’ve overcome challenges as we adapt to the current situation. Others among us might then benefit from any tips or advice…Happy posting! Click here to enter the SDFAS Parent Connect Forum.
Preschool – Highlight of the week
Distance Learning in Preschool: Guided Drawing “Bunny” with Ms. Natalie
Contact Babeth Esterly, Administrative Director of the Pre-Elementary School, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sophie Ricouard, Director of the Pre-Elementary School email@example.com with questions.
Elementary School- Highlight of the week
3rd Grade Art History with Ms. Murielle
Contact our Director of Elementary School, Francis Carlier, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding Elementary School.
Edeline Project with Mme Addo (Community Service)
Contact our Director of Middle School, Micheline Ghattas email@example.com, with questions regarding Middle School.
FACTS | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Vimeo
Middle School Blog | Elementary School Blog | Preschool Blog | Podcast