We hope you had a great week!
Virtual Gala Live NOW!
Every donation will make a difference in the lives of students, families, faculty, and staff!
Join the community at www.galaauction.org:
- To donate to the Fund for the Future in support of Financial Aid and Professional Development.
- To bid on an auction item. Pay close attention to the closing time. Some items will be auctioned off tonight! Auction Schedule
Kyndra Leach, Chair of the Board welcomes us to the Roaring Twenties!
Zoom Password this week : 550026
Distance Learning Survey – Week #8 : Click here
Modifications to the School Calendar
Catch-up days for teachers and students in the event distance learning continues into June.
- Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day) – No School
- Friday, June 5th – No School
Virtual “International Spirit Week”
May 18 – May 22
- Tuesday: Recipe – its family meaning
- Wednesday: Artifact – clothing, accessory, etc. that tells a family story
- Thursday: Place of origin – story of your roots
- Friday: Culture – music or dance related to family origins
- Preschool – Volunteer parents will present their country to their child’s class during a zoom meeting.
- Elementary School – Students will interview family members to collect information about their country of origin and present to their class according to the “International Spirit Week” theme of the day.
- Middle School – During the last period of each day, students will share their video creations according to the “International Spirit Week” theme of the day.
Crowd Pleasing and Healthy Mexican Food
- Enjoy a cooking class with Maru Davila during International Week!
- Tuesday, May 19th at 5pm
- On the menu:
- Magic Guacamole
- Plant-based Burritos
- Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Sign up here to participate.
- For the ingredient list click here.
“Maintaining Your Sanity While Living with Young Children”
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 12 pm
- Sign up here for a Parenting Workshop lead by Jeanne-Marie Paynel M.Ed on how to raise self-sufficient and resilient children.
- Get the support you deserve!
SDFAS “Food Drive” in partnership with Feeding San Diego
Mask Sewing Donations
- Through May 31st
- Home-sewn masks need to be dropped off in sealed ziplock bags and placed in the same large cardboard box as for the food drive placed outside of the school’s front office door.
- Please click here for Mask Sewing instructions.
SDFAS Parent Connect Forum
- As parents, we most certainly need to connect with each other during this period of social distancing! Let’s share what is working for us and our families and how we’ve overcome challenges as we adapt to the current situation. Others among us might then benefit from any tips or advice… Happy posting! Click here to enter the SDFAS Parent Connect Forum.
“The Path to High School”
- Hosted by Erin Stoller, High School Placement Counselor
- Click here to watch the recording of the zoom webinar.
- Password: 8Q$s0#$. (DO include the “.”)
- Documentation and reminders on High School Placement can be found on the High School Resources Page.
- Please note that your FACTS account will be credited with the fee.
Yearbook 2019 – 2020
- Order online here by May 31st
- Delivery date TBD
- SDFAS Yearbook code: 12766720
- Send photos of remote learning that may be included in this year’s Yearbook activities, classes, etc… Be creative!
- Purchase business advertising or “Love Lines” (personal photos and messages for students).
Preschool – Highlight of the week
Elementary School- Highlight of the week
Middle School – Highlight of the week
FACTS | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Vimeo
Middle School Blog | Elementary School Blog | Preschool Blog | Podcast