– Extended Care in Preschool/K offered before and after the regular school day
– MS Clubs in Grades 6 – 8 offered after school by Zoom (two sessions at 4:00 pm and 5:00pm)
– High School French Courses offered Saturday mornings by Zoom (click here)
– Adult French Classes (Afternoon/Evenings) with multiple levels offered and open to SDFAS parents/staff as well as to the general public.
– After School Activities (ASA) in Grades PK – 5
– Study Hall in Grades K – 8
– Extended Care in Grades 1 – 5 (before or after school).
The Enrichment Program at SDFAS consists in a robust offering of as many as 40 afternoon activities (as well as some evening and weekend classes) to more than 300 children and adults on our beautiful La Jolla campus. Certain classes are open to the public and for these non-SDFAS students and parents are welcome to enroll. It is a one of the best ways to discover our gem of a school.
After-School Activity programming (ASA) is offered throughout the academic year. There is an additional fee for each class and the student must commit the class for the entire duration of the session. The program sessions are organized as follows:
The Enrichment Program includes a wide range of educational, artistic, athletic activities. taught by native instructors in French, English or bilingually, depending on the class. Of course, as an international school, the school also offers a wide range of language acquisition classes, for example, in Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian and Catalan, depending on level of student or parent interest at a given time. All our instructors are either SDFAS educators or carefully vetted, qualified and experienced outside contractors. Classes such as cooking, homework help, Ultimate-PE, soccer, gardening, surf, dance, art, musical theater, skateboard, to name a few, are typically part of the program.
It is everyone’s hope to resume After-School Activities as soon as possible!