★ Tuesday, March 28, 2017
International Week: languages in action in 8th grade!
By Bénédicte Brouder
The International week was the occasion for some of our students to share the languages they speak at home with their classmates:
- Vincent Gelibert and Charles Shaffer taught us some Farsi and helped us write our names in the persian alphabet.
- Nha-Ai Ha introduced us to Vietnamese and showed us how to pronounce the different tons and sounds of this complexe language.
- We then learned how to read Pouchkine in Russian and write our names in the Cyrillic alphabet with Michael Abagyan.
- Ella Greiner taught us how to say “I love chocolate cake” in German and told us about her life in Berlin.
- Finally, we explored the history of Canadian French with Yann Baglin Bunod who explained us where this different vocabulary came from.
- Tanguy Cornet taught us about the Creole language of Guadeloupe and its history while listening to a song from the Antilles.
Thank you all for those interesting moments and we hope we’ll get all to speak those languages fluently one day!
(Marion Addo, French teacher)