All parents of SDFAS are members of the Community Association (CA).
The CA is governed by a Board composed of three elected members. Parents are all invited to volunteer. They may chair a community event, join a committee, become a Room Parent, or just show up to give a hand when available.
To keep the community informed the CA communicate regularly via the weekly school newsletter, Echo Info. In addition the Head Room Parent sends emails via the Class Room Parents.
In conjunction with the school Administration, the CA organizes every year many events for the students and their families to bring together the school community and help welcome new families.
- Back to School Night After-Parties, well attending gatherings offering wine and cheese and an opportunity to connect.
- Sunsets with SDFAS at La Jolla Shores, where the community welcome our new families.
- Marché de Noël, an open market with many seasonal items and goodies for sale, plus some fun carnival rides for the students. A very popular event among our families. A exciting French tradition!
- La Jolla Christmas Parade, our knit-tight community brought together to represent our school and show our spirit through the streets of La Jolla.
- Talent Show, a special performance held in February that showcases our students’ numerous skills (dance, music, magic,…). All parents are invited!
- Book Fair with French and English books
- Teachers Appreciation Day and Luncheon
- Spring Fair with a French Flair – La Kermesse, the end of year carnival much appreciated by our students. All sorts of games and rides are available, and booths for food, with an international flavor of course!
For more information on the CA, contact Sarah Leboyer email@example.com. Sarah assures the liaison between the CA and the school administration.