All parents of SDFAS are members of the Community Association (CA).
The CA is governed by a Board composed of three elected members. Parents are all invited to volunteer. They may chair a community event, join a committee, become a Room Parent, or just show up to give a hand when available.
To keep the community informed the CA communicate regularly via the weekly school newsletter, Echo Info. In addition the Head Room Parent sends emails to the entire community to share information via the Class Room Parents.
In conjunction with the school Administration, the CA organizes every year many events for the students and their families to bring together the school community, create connections between us, and welcome new families.
- Back-to-School Wine and Cheese Gatherings, well attended gatherings offering wine and cheese and an opportunity to connect immediately following back-to-school night open houses for each grade and division.
- Sunsets with SDFAS at La Jolla Shores, where the community welcome our new families.
- On-line Cooking Lessons by Zoom, wonderful experiences to connect virtually over food. Learn to make a Bouche de Noël, Galette des Rois, Fondant au Chocolat with Crème Anglaise, and so much more!
- Conferences by Zoom Webinar, organized on all manner of topics with invited guests and expert panels on topics such as Covid-19 testing, bilingual research and best practices, the art of healthy living, and more.
- Marché de Noël, an open market with many seasonal items and goodies for sale, plus some fun carnival rides for the students. A very popular event among our families. A exciting French tradition!
- La Jolla Holiday Parade, our knit-tight community brought together to represent our school and show our spirit through the streets of La Jolla.
- Talent Show, a special performance held in February showcasing the incredible skills and talents of our students from the youngest through 8th grade, along or even with family members or friends in ensemble (dance, music, singing, marital arts, spoken word, magic,…). All parents are invited!
- Book Fair with French and English books.
- Teachers Appreciation Day and Luncheon, a catered affair in the Spring to thank our educators for all they do for our kids and our families.
- Spring Fair with a French Flair (La Kermesse), the end of year carnival much appreciated by our students. All sorts of games and rides are available, and booths for food, with all manner of international flavors represented of course!