All parents of SDFAS are members of the Parents Association or PA.
Every year a board constituted of four members is elected. Parents can also join a committee to help prepare or chair a specific event, such as Le Marché de Noël, or La Kermesse.
The PA maintains a website that keeps parents informed. All upcoming events are also announced in the school newsletter: l’Écho.
Current parents can access more information on the secured part of the website: parents portal.
For more information on the PA, contact a member of the board: email@example.com.
More on the events sponsored by the PA:
Every year the PA organizes events for the students and the families to bring together the school community and help welcome new families.
This is a list of the main events taking place during the year:
- Back to School Picnic organized in conjunction with the school Administration (Head of School, Admissions and Development)
- Le Marché de Noël : A French tradition, Marché de Noël is an open market with many seasonal items and goodies for sale, plus some fun carnival rides for the students. It’s a very popular event among our families.
- La Jolla Christmas parade in conjunction with the school Administration.
Student representatives participate in the annual Christmas Parade through the streets of La Jolla to represent our school.
- The Talent Show : Students can sign up to sing, dance, act… during a special performance held in February. All parents are invited!
- Book Fair (French and English books) organized in conjunction with the Library.
- Teachers Appreciation Day and Luncheon
- La Kermesse: In June, this end of year all school carnival is much appreciated by our students: all sorts of games and rides are available, and booths for food, with an international flavor of course!